Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Margot and Zara October writing

Sunset on lake Sibhaya with Jackson et Michelle

How much closer can you get to a lion!

Margot’s writing

5/10 Aeroplane flight

Last Friday Mum, Zara and I were going to go to Rocktail Beach Camp in a mini aeroplane. We had to listen hard for the sound of the plane landing because he mostly lands at the top end of the airfield, and we live down near the bottom. When the plane eventually came he forgot the little bench in the back (boot) and only mum and I could go. Zara burst into tears. I was really excited when we took off. We flew over a part of Lake Sibhaya and in the shallow part there were lots of hippos. I think it was super cool that the aeroplane was real close to the land, and you could see the houses, people and even a bird sitting in a tree. I would love to go in the aeroplane again!













25/10 Zara’s Birthday

Yesterday was Zara’s birthday. She was turning seven. We had her party the day before. After we had woken up (on her birthday) Mum told us we were going to go to the Zulu church. The thing I didn’t like about the service was that there was a man that kept talking for ages.

Next, Mum proposed that we had a waffle at Sodwana Bay.But first Zara and I had a chicken and mayonnaise toastie. It was delicious. Then it was time for the waffles. I chose syrup with mine but Zara chose banana. It was very special birthday because we had our grandparents here. But there aren’t any type of grandparents, they are special grand parents that have come for the first time in South Africa all the way from France just to see us.

The night before Zara’s birthday there was a mega big storm with lightning and thunder that shook the whole house! Zara and I were very scared and we thought it was the Greek Gods celebrating her birthday. In the end Mum slept in my bed and Zara slept with Dad. Zara also got lots of presents. She got a Zulu wire car and a pretty dress and lots of other cool things. I wish it was her birthday every day!



27/10 An Interview with a hamster

H: Hamster

M: Me

H: Hello. My name is Nibbles. And guess what? I’m going to be famous!

M: All right settle down now and let’s get started! OK Nibbles, we are starting the clock now and you only have an hour to answer all these questions.

Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick

M: How do you like living behind bars?


Zara’s writing:

5/10 My Grann and Granndad

My Grann and Granndad are French and we are picking them up from the airport.

We are bringing them to Mseleni hospital, Parkhome number 8.

I would like to have my Granndad to do school with me.






11/10 A Pink Shongololo came to school

Chapter 1

One long morning I saw my mum shongololo on her little stone chair. She was eating braeckfast on her own. I asked her if I could sit with her. I herd no answer because I had already eaten. She has baked the most wonderfull cake in her holl life.

Chapter 2

When mum had finished her breakfast, she said “now go to school” in a very strickt vois.

I was still in my bleu armor and I had to put my black armor on because that was my school outfit

Chapter 3

When I came to the door I had to put one hundred and one shoes on my feet.

When I got to school I had just started to play on the worm bars when I heard the bell, it went “ding! ding! ding!”

I had to start school!

Everyone was shuffling into their places but everything was quite.

Chapter 4

I heard the teacher announce “reading time!”

I was always the first one to grab a book, and the first one to start reading a chapter book.

My book is called “my first day of life!’

I’ve been reading it for about three or four months.

The end


1/11 The Lion Kill

At Hluhluwe game reserve I saw a lion kill. There was a pack of lions eating a big, brown buffalo. It was still alive and its guts were hanging out. There were two very young cubs and one of them bit its bum. There was blood pouring out. The lions only ate the meat. They licked the warm red blood. The male lion got angry and groulled like a car honing away. There were vultures hanging around waiting for the delechios meal.

The next morning when we came back there was not one drop of red, hot, liquid blood. “Everything had gon gon gon”

The End



3 comments:

  1. This is from Millie and Josh: Cool! Did you really get that close to a lion? Sandy you look like an old man (oops that was me, not the kids). Were you scared when the lion ROARRRRED? How do the women balance the water melon on their heads? We are missing you guys. When are you coming back? We have cheese balls, salt and vineger crisps, marmite, Jaffas, Tim Tams all waiting for you here! Our love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were 2 meters from it just parked on the side of the road. My dad sitting next to me had his window opened and was looking at this lion. The lion must have been very confused looking at this white beared man...a funny lion really!! I felt pretty nervous, took the shot with the zoom and recommended he closed the window. Amazing sighting that was.
    As for the sound of the lions eating the buffalo the night before...well it was just like listening to motorbikes reveling their engines. Also quite a spectacle, one of the best moments so far.Ilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that must have been incredible! 2 meters from a lion - two lions starting at each other. You guys are really in amongst some pretty impressive nature over there.

    We are all good here. School hols in a month....
    Hugs, Ian.

    ReplyDelete